Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A very interesting moment at crossfit

Today's WOD:

5 rounds with a 30 min limit
20 pull-ups
30 push-ups
40 ab mat sit-ups
50 squat(-ups?)

I did the first round a little over 5 min, about on pace with everyone else, but after that my strength really started to leave me. I'm unsure how long the second and third one took me, but I just started the fourth one when time expired. Jerry said we could finish the round so I did and wrapped it up at around the 44 min mark. The toughest part was the push ups. I simply could not do a push up. I would drop the chest to the floor, and then try pushing back up. This was the first time I felt real frustration while working out, and I tried to use it as fuel to get me to finish. Everyone else is done and talking, and I couldn't get a modified push-up. I really dug deep and gave a few grunts/yells/screams, and it worked some of the time. As soon as I was done I felt fine (if not tired), and it's nice to have a better picture of where I need to improve.

No comments: