Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Day of Strength

Today was a day to get stronger, the WOD:

5 rounds 1 minute 30 seconds at each station
5 reps of heavy strict press
5 reps of heavy strict chins
Rest (and in a gym who's slogan is "rest later", weird I know)

Here's what I did:

Strict Chins
4 @ 13lbs
1 @ 0

5 @ 0

2 @ 20
3 @ 0

1 @ 10
2 @ 0

4 @ 0

Strict press:
5X95lbs
5X95lbs
5X95lbs
4X95lbs
5X95lbs

I feel like I haven't gotten back up to my pre-Spain strength when it comes to pull-ups, and when comparing it to July it seems like I've got a way to go.

This is how I did 21 July, right before Spain:
5 strict chins
5 chins with 12 lbs
4 chins with 20 lbs
3 chins with 20 lbs
3 chins with 20 lbs


On another note, a week ago when I was at the therapists for my hip I decided to do some of my rotator cuff exercises. That was a mistake, because I pushed a little too hard and have re-aggravated my shoulder. The good news is I know it wasn't crossfit, but I think I might have to take another week off of not working the shoulder. I'm not sure, I'll have to figure it out. It's funny, now that my hip is feeling great, my shoulder is acting up. I feel like an old man.

No comments: