Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Hand maintenence

Ok the last post was written up late at night while a little frustrated about getting conflicting suggestions. After a good night's sleep, I'm now going to get a callus shaver and pumice stone. Crossfit Athens talks about what you need to do, They talk about shaving the calluses, but they also add some steps that I haven't heard of:

1. if you tear a callus soak your hand in salt water for 10 minutes. This is suppose to toughen the skin. ...Motivation alone to never tear a callus again.

2. moisturize your hands, although I don't have dry hands I think this will help a lot.

...Looking forward to tomorrow's WOD, whatever it may be. I'm starting to find my mental approach to ignore my body's demand that I stop and rest, and with every wod I get a little better at pushing myself.

I don't care what his Fran time is, I'm not giving him a high five.

No comments: