Friday, September 26, 2008

Snatch work/met-con

So today we warmed up with the overhead snatch, 5 reps at a time. I got up to 95#, I'm still working on keeping my stance narrow, but near the end Justin commented that I was no longer moving my feet out when in getting under the bar, so I feel like I'm starting to get it.

After that, the WOD looked like this:

20 min AMRAP
6 ring dips
9 KB swings 52#
12 jumping lunges 30#

I only managed 7 rounds, it was the ring dips that really slowed me down. I should've gone up to 70 lbs for the KB swings and maybe 35 lbs for the lunges. They were really easy, I never had to break up a set nor rest between sets, guess I had enough rest with the ring dips. I could only bang those out 1-2 at a time. Seems that my chest is still my weak point: burpees, ring dips, and pushups all seem be be the exercises that take me the longest. I can tell that my chest is developing, can't wait for when it catches up with everything else.

On a side note, I'd like to report that my hip has really been feeling better since my visit to the DO, I now see him about once a month for maintenance.

On another side note, I feel like I'm getting better at hand maintenance. Although we haven't done any pull-ups this week, I feel like I'll be prepared with my new-found tape grips. Today I found an article, "I've got to hand it to you", teaching some athletic tape origami at crossfitvirtuosity.com. It's a fantastic how-to on making a tape grip that won't bunch up when doing pull ups, yet will protect ripped calluses.

FYI, at crossfitvirtuosity they have a blog post about muscle-ups, and they feature Jerry's vid muscle up 101, always cool to see some CFOT recognition.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Adam, Keith is a wealth of info and a really cool dude... I met him while I was in NYC... keep reading him and I bet you'll learn a ton of interesting stuff...

Adam said...

Yeah, he def seems like a wealth of knowledge. They Xfit universe keeps feeling smaller and smaller...