Sunday, September 28, 2008

FGB round 2

Today was a rough day. Of course, Fight Gone Bad isn't meant to be cake. My legs are really, really sore from Friday's workout, they were sore yesterday and they're sore today. Just jogging into the blue room today made my glutes feel like they're on fire with each step.

I had the fortune of having Charlie as a partner today. Today was the first time I've had a chance to talk to him, and it was because of him that I performed as well as I did. The wall balls and KB high pulls were def the most draining for me. Charlie asked me if I rowed in college because "my stroke was so smooth", always feels nice to hear compliments like that. I don't know why, but everything just seemed to suck. There were a couple of times when I felt just completely worn out, but I knew I couldn't stop, that I had to go "one more round" like Jerry talked about.

All in all, I scored 228, 17 points higher than I did three weeks ago. I didn't have a strategy last time. This time I didn't have a strategy, but Charlie had one for me. He would keep telling me to get X number, and I would take a couple seconds for a break every now and then after banging out a certain number of Y.

Looking back at my previous score, I wonder why it's only 17 points. I remember with the row getting something like 21, 15, and 15 and that right there is 15 more points than last time. I know I didn't get as many KBHS, but I felt like my wall-balls were about the same. Guess I better not forget to keep the sheet next time.

My ultimate goal of breaking 300 seems far off, but I figure if I can keep improving roughly 6 points a week then I should be able to get to 300 in roughly 12 weeks. ...I really don't konw if that's a realistic goal, but I'll make it my goal regardless.

2 comments:

lin.k said...

Dude, you rocked today, and the improvement is no joke. Your movements definitely did look smooth, and I'm in the aspiring 300 club as well. Giving it a year. I bet your glutes are screaming at you right now.

Adam said...

I think they've given up screaming, and are just now darkly brooding, giving me the silent treatment.