Monday, September 22, 2008

Learning the snatch

Worked the snatches, this was the first time I've done them so it was a bit of a learning experience.

For time:
30 snatches @ 75#
30 pullups
Run 800m
25 snatches @ 75#
25 pullups
Run 800m
20 snatches @ 75#
20 pullups

Did it in 40:45. Again Danny worked with me, seems like my Kung Fu training makes me go for the horse stance. I dropped the bar a couple of times, but I eventually got it.

For Grace's b-day we did an extra 25 overhead squats, wall-balls, and burpees. I've never done overhead squats before, but again working with Danny I nailed it. Jerry commented that I've really dialed in on the technique, so I'm very happy about that. I really do feel like barbell work is my best work.

On that note, I can't stand pull-ups, they really hurt my hands. I've talked to some non-crossfitters about hand maintenance, and everyone says I shouldn't shave my calluses. ....I know they don't know how crossfit works, but they really seem to know what they're talking about. I'm just not sure what to do now.

2 comments:

Kiki said...

what about gloves?

Adam said...

Hey there! Thought about gloves, but from what I understand you need some calluses in order to lift weights without pain. If this new regimen doesn't work though, gloves will be a serious consideration.