Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You snooze you lose

Well, yesterday I found out there was a Level I Cert at Herdon, right near by. I decided I would sign up for it, but dropping $1k so suddenly was pretty intimidating. While I was mulling it over, I got distracted with other chores and forgot about it.

This morning I awoke jumping out of bed exclaiming "The cert!" Ran down and fired up the computer. Checked the website, and sure enough, it's sold out. I then emailed crossfit asking to be put on the waitlist.

Super frustrating missing it this close. However, maybe some one else won't be able to make it, and then I can join in.

I feel the same way I felt after losing out on my bid for a pair of h streets on eBay. Even though I know better, my desire for instant gratification makes me feel like I missed my one chance to have a local cert.

Sigh. There will be other certs, and now I will try hard to keep a lookout for a cert in the area.

No comments: