Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2k row and some Strict press work

So, here I am expecting to see an upper body workout, and it's a 2k row. My legs were not happy with the wod, but I told them to shut the hell up and do it.

What really helped was a gameplan. Mellissa said to aim for around 1:50/500m for the first 1700m, and then sprint for the last 300m. I tried to keep with that game plan, but near the end I was consistently finding myself at 1:58-2:02/500. However, when I hit that 300m mark I hit it into overdrive:

1:50m....
1:45m...
1:37m...
1:33m...

and I tried my hardest to keep it there. I saw it climb back up for a bit, but I wasn't really paying attention at that point. I really did want to give up when I saw the 20m mark, but I knew I couldn't, and rowed until it read 0m.

My time was 7:32.4

I'm ok with it. I think I did a good job with pushing myself, albeit it's 7 seconds slower than when we did it last February. ...Perhaps my pace should've been faster, I don't know.

Also worked on some strict press, got up to 125, but that was it, I was done for the day.

No comments: