Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Metcon wtih GHD, DU's and other stuff

So I saw a nurse at a minute clinic, and after seeing if I had a sinus infection (something that happens about once a year with my allergies), she determined that I merely had a cold. I haven't had a cold in a long, long time, but she seemed to think that it is related to my living with my roommate's two cats (of which I'm allergic to). Thankfully the lease ends in April, so I only have like two more months to deal with them.

She said Sudafed would do the trick, and that I could exercise. She asked what type of exercise I do, and I told her crossfit. She responded with "oh you do the crossfit?" Apparently she was the same nurse I saw back in June when I had bronchitis (again allergies), and remembered me evangelising the cause (She notived my vibrams, and that led into the whole crossfit spiel). She said she had checked out Crossfit Alexandria, but it looked like they had closed. I told her they had in fact moved, but CFOT is still relatively nearby. ...Maybe someday she'll stop by.

Moving on, she said take Sudafed and then I could crossfit. Perhaps I should've taken one more rest day, because this met-con was not for the sick (I made sure to sanatize my hands before and during the workout whenever I touched my face):

5 rounds
40 DU's
30 GHD's
20 KB swings (@70#s)
10 Lou Burpees (damn you Lou)

This one took a long time, once again I was one of the last to finish at 40:43. I think there was a problem focusing in on this again, since it did take so much time. That and I have a cold.

DU's are suddenly very difficult for me. Once I get two in a row I can usually bang out a few more, but for the last three rounds I really couldn't get one. I used to use a big donkey kick, but now I'm trying to simply jump up more. For the last round I subbed out box jumps for DU's after trying three times to get one and failing. I don't know if it's because I'm rusty or what, but I'm now going to try doing DU's before or after class.

There is so much that I want to work on, but I can't work on them all. Here is what I've decided to do, and I will note on this blog each day if I reached my goal or not:

1) Stay Hydrated (this isn't very easy for me)
2) random sets of Push ups (this will help me later in geting muscle ups)
3) Stretch/self massage (this is important in keeping my hips loose)
4) Practice DU's


If I can work on these every day, I will get to where I want to be that much faster. Wish me luck, I'm going to go do some push ups now.

1 comment:

Sean said...

#3.) Sounds Kinky.