Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Monday, Power cleans and Pull ups

Was excited to see my good ol' friend Mr. Power Clean, Mr. Squat Clean's kinder brother:

5 rounds
5 power cleans (17 @ 185, 8 @ 165)
10 pull ups

The twist here was when doing the pull ups if your feet touched the ground you had a funishment of 6 burbees. This was a great idea, and it certainly motivated me to do each set unbroken, which I did.

The power cleans were almost fun at 185, but near the end of the fourth round I failed twice in a row so I dropped down to 165, which was still tough but not to the point where I had to pause after each rep. Near the end with the 185 weight I started to use my arms to try to pull the bar up, and that started to agitate my shoulder. But after lowering the weight, everything went back to normal.

No comments: