Monday, January 11, 2010

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

So I saw Dr. Bill's today to work on my hips, and I walked away feeling I just wasted my time.

Why did I feel this way, you ask? I'll tell you why: he didn't need to do anything to them! When he tested the flexibility on my hip, he said it was "perfect". When he worked on the muscles, what used to bring so much pain now feels like, "eh."

I haven't really noticed it since the change has been so gradual, but I'm no longer in pain. It's gone, went away. Not going to come back again some other day. I've spent a year and a half searching for a way to stop the pain, and now it's finally gone. I'm still going to see Olga, albeit not on the weekly basis. I'm thinking I'll do every other week and see how that goes and take it from there. Doing squats still feels wierd, but it's not the pain I used to feel. I'm really looking forward to today's WOD, and we'll see how far I've come along.

When I first joined crossfit everything was new and exciting and I was making gains in form and strength by leaps and bounds. Now that my hip is no longer hurting, it feels like everything is new and exciting again. What used to detract from my mental focus and physical ability is no more, so I should have no excuse now to really improve in metcon. I wouldn't be surprised if I get a 300+ FGB score this year.

So excited.