Saturday, January 2, 2010

Last WOD of 2009

Well, my Abs were SORE from Wednesday's workout combined with the massage received from Olga. regardless, I wasn't going to miss another workout this week.

So it was pick your poison, and I went with good ol' DT. I fear I'm becoming one dimensional focusing on only one hero workout. However, I really do love it, so why not?

5 rounds @155#
12 deadlifts
9 hang cleans
6 push jerk

This was the first time I have done DT with the prescribed weight, as my last attempt two months ago was at 135#. I was doing pretty well with the deadlifts, but the hang cleans were killing me. The jerks felt ok, but I wasn't doing the best form under that weight.

I was moving pretty quickly because I didn't feel any tightness in my back, which is what usually slows me down. But the hang cleans were really difficult, I failed a couple of times. I've worked on cleans from the ground so much that hang cleans just didn't feel right, felt rusty.

I realized it would be easier to just clean the weight from the ground, so for the fourth round I made every clean from the ground. And you know what it was faster that way than the previous round.

However, my stupid shoulder tendonitis reared its ugly head and I knew starting the fifth round would only hurt me in the long run. However, my four rounds took 23:00 flat.

I was talking to Mellissa about it after wards, and she mentioned that I had a very high hang. I didn't wind up enough to really use the hips, so I was using more arm/traps.

You live and you learn. Looks like I will have to start treating/rest the shoulder. Not happy about it, but there's nothing I can do about it.

No comments: