Wednesday, January 13, 2010

An awesome met-con

So after a day of intense leg work, we have a met-con that is upper-body intensive. This workout was a little hard to figure out, but thankfully Chriss was always telling us what to do next, so you started to figure it out:

3 rounds of
5 cycles
20 seconds AMRAP pull ups
20 second rest
20 seconds AMRAP push ups
20 second rest
90 seconds rest
90 second AMRAP double unders
90 seconds rest

Confused? Just read it as "really long workout with lots of pull ups and push ups with double unders sprinkled in." Here was my score:

Pull ups 9 8 7 8 8
Push ups 16 11 12 6 5
DU 37

Pull ups 7 7 7 7 5
Push ups 8 6 5 5 5
DU 43

Pull ups 7 7 7 7 7
Push ups 7 6 4 4 4
DU 23

for a grand total of 103-108-104 DU's, Pulls, and Pushes, respectively. The pushups were extremely hard near the end, I simply do not have a lot of strength in my chest/shoulders. I'm also ok with my pull ups, as it's been a while since doing pull ups. I still find a bit of a hitch in my left shoulder when I pull, but I believe this to stem from working out with tendonitis then the tendonitis itself. In otherwords, my body is used to doing it a certain way because of the tendonitis, but now that it's under control I just need to focus on form and it'll work properly.

My shoulder feels fine, which is fantastic. I know there is at least one trigger point in there that need some attention, but I'm attacking it with a tennis ball and hopefully it will go away.

The DU's were interesting in that this was the first time that I've had issues with DU's not because of technique, but because of fatigue. I need to work on this, but it was awesome to see that my consistensy with 10+ DU's in a row is improving. At this rate I'll be able to get 15 off at will, whenever I need to.

No comments: