Friday, January 22, 2010

OHS 1 rep max, metcon

Well, due to some stuff that I can't remember anymore, I was like 20 min late to Tuesday's 6:45 class. This sucked because I couldn't properly warm up, but at least I showed up. The workout:

20 min to find your 1 rep OHS max (I had 7 minutes)

I got up to 155 no problem, not surprising since that's my 5 rep max. However, I didn't feel like jump up in big chunks since I wasn't really warmed up. There was a finisher afterwards, and I did pretty well on that:

3 rounds
34 reverse lunges with a bumper plate overhead
400m run

I felt good, although I wasn't the first out the door in the first round I was the first one back. However, that was probably because others paced themselves, and I didn't. I did this in 13:03, but in the last two rounds my lunges were ugly. Although the knee for my rear leg always hit ground, my front leg was getting really wobbly, with the knee sometimes bending in or out or both. I decided the important thing here was ok form with high intensity, so I just ignored it and kept going.

This was the first week I didn't see Olga, and after the OHS's I could feel my hip tightening up. I'm trying to do stretches on my own, and they seem to help, but I still feel my body going back to the way it used to be.

I'm not sure if I want to call up Olga and try to meet before the scheduled appointement. I guess I'll just try toughing it out and see what happens.

No comments: