Friday, January 8, 2010

Snatch grip push press and Met-Con

Saw Dr. Bills today about the shoulder, and he said it was back to normal; seems Dr. Craddock's adjustment on Wednesday was what I really needed. I really wish there was a medical version of BraveStarr: the trigger point skills of a Chiro, the fascia-manipulating abilities of a D.O., and the elbows/fingers of a masseuse. (if you don't get the reference, click here).

So I decided to test out the shoulder today, and it didn't disappoint. Today we found our 1 rep max snatch grip push press. This was the first time I've ever done it, so I was a little cautious as I tried to figure out the movement.

As the weight got heavier, I thought it would help to dip down more so I could engage my legs more. However, Jerry commented that I was going too slow, that I needed to go "Bam-BAM!" So I tried to focus on quick explosiveness.

For the last rep, of 165, I figured it out, and nailed it, felt good. Then on to the met-con:

4 rounds
50 feet 45# overhead lunges
12 pull ups

This met-con felt fantastic, got it done in 7:39. I really felt like I was pushing myself as hard as I could. I never really stopped, but near the end I was just gasping for breath on the pull-ups. Keeping the Weight over my head was really easy, never even bothered my shoulder.

I don't know why, but I feel very, very satisfied with this one. I never really stopped, but I really gotta work on my pull-ups. Guess I just have to stop hurting my shoulder.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I think I might be the only one in the entire WORLD to understand your BraveStarr reference...

...and I'm not sure whether to give myself a wedgie or not.

Adam said...

I did make that reference with you in mind. ...I would pass on the wedgie.