Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3 rep Deadlift max

Today was not my best day with regards to performance, I only got up to 315, which is a mere 10 pounds heavier than my three rep max two months ago. I also had a very poor showing when it came to core strength. I was able to keep a tight core, and figured out how to push through my heels, but my core wasn't strong enough to keep a straight back. Because I was able to keep core tension my back never hurt, but Jerry told me not to go up in weight at all. Looking at the picture and seeing how much bend there was in my back, I can't blame him, as it looks like a disaster waiting to happen. When you're finding your max, you will encounter some thoracic bend, but this is ridiculous.

This is a little frustrating because when I hit 345 I felt like my core was strong enough to maintain a straight back. Chriss took a video of my 345# lift, and I would really, really like to see it sometime, but so far he hasn't responded to any of my facebook message requests.

No comments: