Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pushups "Coach Andrea"

Today's WOD was something I thought was pretty awesome:

150 push ups/ 15 pull ups per penalty
120 w/12 pullup penalty
90 w/9 pullup penalty
60 w/6 pullup penalty

I went for 120, knowing push ups are not my strong point. I did 120 push ups and 120 pull ups in 35:40. This was not easy for me. My sets were something like this:

20
15
6
10
10
10
10
9
10
10
10

I was trying to game by not going for max reps, but I thought it would be more than 10. The first two sets were easy, but after that it got hard quick. Now that I'm starting to get back to doing pushups throughout the day, I expect this to get way better, especially since my form has gotten way better after Andrea's correction. My form was good enough to be used as a demo for the class, was pretty proud.

I'm extremely happy my shoulder felt no pain during or after this wod. After I found out that I have chronic tendonitis in my shoulder, for the past month I've been getting myofacial (sp?) and trigger point massage on my shoulder three times a week while supplementing with self-massage, and the shoulder seems to have responded beautifully. I did notice near the end that my pull up mechanic is slightly off with regards to my shoulders. I think this was because I was fatigued and my right shoulder is a little stronger than my left. Regardless, I'm going to keep a look out for asymetrical mechanics, and will try very hard to get everything back to the way it should be.

My next step is to try ring dips and see how those feel, I'm very excited, as this will mean I'm one step closer to getting back to doing muscle-ups.

No comments: