Saturday, September 12, 2009

I Attend a Saturday Workout?!??!?!?!

Kind of scary, I've attended the saturday wod two times now in like three weeks (I attended the group wod on 08-22-09).

Attending was tough because my lats and quads were so sore. I was tempted to just call it a rest day, but I remember xfitting 5-6 days a week resulting in getting pretty defined, so back on the wagon I go.

I'm glad I attended, but damn it was tough:

3 rounds
800m run
20 burbees
30 pull ups
40 double unders (I did 60 lateral hops)

This took me just over 56 min to finish. The first round took 15, then finished the second round at around 35 minutes, then obviously the last round was a tough one.

Running is not easy for me right now. Considering that I'm now weighing in at 210, up about 15-20 pounds more than what I weighed about a year ago, I'm not too surprised. I am surprised that I'm gaining weight on the zone, but my legs have also gotten waaaay stronger, so it makes sense.

I tried to not let the burbees hurt my shoulder, and I succeeded. Same with the pull ups. I guess I should be happy that I can now do these things without pain, but it can be tough not to focus on what I'm lacking. The mid-Atlantic hopper is coming up, and I don't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone else.

I also wish I could do more than one double under at a time as well, but I can't seem to find my rhythm. Sigh, some day I'll figure it out, just have to keep trying.

Another positive note concerning my mental game: For sure it was weak today (as it always is with these long met-cons), but when I was doing my last set of pull ups a little voice in the back of my head said, "say why don't you do half? You still don't know how your shoulder is doing, you should quit while you're still ahead." However, my shoulder felt fine, no sign of pain whatsoever. I wasn't attempting to be cautious, I was attempting to be lazy.

So I finished the workout without reducing any of the numbers, and my shoulder feels fine. This is pretty awesome, I just hope I don't mess it up and set myself back a few weeks. Also, I am having my second MRI, this time with contrast, on Monday. I'm a little nervous about injecting the hip joint with something, but if it's the only way to find out an answer, so be it.

1 comment:

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Good going on your workout and good luck on the upcoming test.

Hopefully the test will provide some valuable information.

Terry