Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Yoga, and collecting my thoughts on FAI

So I went to yoga today, and I could definitely tell that my left hip is still full of fluid from the arthogram on Monday. I really do need to work on my posture, as well as my hamstring flexibility. When we were stretching, there was one stretch where my right hip clicked, as usual. Then we did the same stretch on the left, and I felt a small click there as well. I figure there may be some impingement on my left hip as well, but I've never felt any pain from it.

I will meet with Dr. Johnson on the 5th. Until then, I'm a little unsure as to what to do. After looking at my MRI without contrast, Dr. Johnson didn't seem to think that crossfit was such a bad idea. But after seeing the MRI with contrast, Dr. Wagner thinks I should be limited to just bicep curls and elliptical. With two conflicting opinions, what should I do?

I hate being in limbo (I think that's one thing that's really been bothering me), so the decision I've made is to keep doing what I'm doing until I see the surgeon. I may go a little lighter with the strength days, but I really don't think after crossfitting on this hip of mine for 14 months two more weeks will do any more damage. And I think if Dr. Johnson didn't have a problem with crossfit, then crossfit it is.

If Dr. Johnson ends up agreeing with Dr. Wagner, then I'll figure something out while waiting for surgery. But until then, I'm going to keep going.

I got a few sets of push ups in today, I'm really trying to keep my glutes and abs tight throughout like Andrea mentioned, and I think it's going to really pay off.

No comments: