Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Roadhouse, and I got beat up

As a tribute to Patrick Swazye:

"Roadhouse"
400m run
15 power cleans (155#), L sit pull ups, Lou Burpees (two push ups per burpee)
400m run
12 power cleans, L sit, Lou Burpees
400m run
9 power cleans, L sit, Lou Burpees

This one was aweful, think I was DFL again on this one. On my last run, as I was running back to the gym I saw the next class running in their warm up. I'm looking forward to the day were I don't experience this, did it in 34:35.

The cleans were not that tough, but I wanted to get each one perfect because I don't want to aggravate my shoulder, and that slowed me down. The L sit pull ups were tough, but I made sure each one (except for maybe the last one) was chin over the bar with my legs parallel to the floor. I don't think this is tough for my abs or quads (For years now I have a habit of doing an L-sit in my computer chair at home), but it was tough for my arms and shoulders. I think they might have aggrevated the shoulder. I'm a little uncertain if I have pain in my shoulder, it's that slight. But I figure if I'm not sure that I'm not in pain, then I did something to set it off.

No comments: