Tuesday, April 21, 2009

push Jerk, and boundless energy

Monday we worked on 3 rep push jerk

Push Jerk
3-3-3-3-3

I thought my 1 rep push jerk max was 145, so I started out accordingly. However, I was wrong, in that my 1 rep max was 175 on 1/13/09 and 11/21/08. So it seemed I might have started too low and over warmed up. I was cautious with this movement to see if it aggravated my shoulder, and it seemed not to, so I decided to go heavy. My reps looked like this:

115-135-155-175-185(failed)

So I was able to hit my 1 rep max 3 times, obviously a sign of improvement. Afterwords, I decided to do the metcon finisher: a ladder of pull ups and burpees going 1-7-1. Because of the shoulder, I used the reverse grip for chin ups (not pull ups). Andrea told me to try it because it uses less shoulder. This new grip made the chin ups waaay easier, I felt like I flew off the ground. The burbees also didn't suck as much wind out of me as I expected. I never stopped, and only had to break up the pu's once or twice because of grip. Although I felt fast, my time, as far as I could figure out, was 13:10.

I'd like to try this one again later, perhaps with a 12 lb weight vest on.

No comments: