Tuesday, April 14, 2009

front squat

Today was finding our three rep max, so the WOD was:

Front squat:
3,3,3,3,3

got up to 185 and then went for 195. I don't know why, but I had absolutely no motivation going into my last set. For some reason, I just simply didn't feel the need to push myself. Regardless, I talked to danny a bit about it and it has fired me up for hitting the gym hard tomorrow.

After the workout I worked on some jumping muscle ups, and my problem seems to stem from a lack of ring dip strength. Of course, my shoulders and chest are in a continual state of soreness recently, so after three jumping mu attempts I decided it would be better to rest.

Here's a vid of the nasty girl workout, look at their muscle ups, they make it look so effortless:

http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/051204.wmv

2 comments:

Jerry Hill said...

ADAM!!!!
Time to get serious about your strength.
You need to think 200+ for reps.

Adam said...

Yes Sir!!! Now that I have a goal to reach for, I think I'll do a lot better!!!