Thursday, April 9, 2009

A wall-ball intenst workout

Tuesday was a monster that showed me I need to continue to work on the mental aspect of my game:

50 wall ball (20#)
40 KB swings (53#)
30 jumping lunges
20 jumping slam balls
10 pull ups
800m run
10 pull ups
20 jumping slam balls
30 jumping lunges
40 KB swings
50 wall ball

My time was 30:03. I think this was my first workout with the prescribed weight since the back injury, and it felt good and tough. Wall balls just seem to sap any kind of will power I have, mostly because it's so easy to throw up a lazy pass, requiring you to catch it off balance or to drop it. A wall ball is similar to juggling, it's not about good catches, it's about good throws. Anyway, hitting the wall just right seems to require more concentration than I thought. However, near the end, I figured out how to will myself to do the last12 or so perfectly. Hopefully I can take from this and do better next time. ...Other then that, I think I handled this wod pretty well, I didn't really pause too long for any of the other exercises. Just need to keep working on the mental game and really push myself.

No comments: