Monday, April 27, 2009

Met-con Monday

So today was some met con:

5RFT
400m run
15 pull ups
100' weighted lunges (25#)

This one was pretty simple, and for the first two rounds I was in the lead. ...This was a very strange experience because I'm used to being somewhere in the middle/back. Suddenly I felt pressure to never slow down, to keep up the ridiculous-for-me-pace that I started out at (I finished the first two rounds in like 7:50).

This should have been all positive stuff, I should've taken it and, well, run with it. However, it made me very uncomfortable, and it makes sense because this happens so rarely for me. It was pressure I wasn't used to, and I feel like mentally I was buckling under it. Usually when I'm in the middle I don't let other people's actions bother me, so it was strange that today other people's performances bothered me. I'm a little disappointed with my end time (26:17), but I've also wondered how much easier this would have been if I used my normal running shoes instead of the VFF's.

Will be reporting in on the VFF's later.

No comments: