Friday, April 24, 2009

squat cleans

Managed to attend the 6:45am class today, and the wod was:

Squat cleans,
5-5-5-5-5

My weights were 95, 115, 125, 125, 135. My main concern with this exercise was form, not lifting heavy. I'm getting better at pulling myself under the bar, and I think I'm starting to get a proper second pull.

With the fgb workout I decided to go shirtless for the last round in an attempt to pump myself up. After seeing the photos that were taken, I question the wisdom with this move. Not that I look bad (albeit I have room to improve), but it definitely sends the vibe of "I think I'm the shiznit", and that's not really my style. I've always respected those who have it but don't flaunt it, and I feel like I don't quite have it, and yet I flaunted anyway. Pardon my flaunting.

In a couple of weeks I think I'll post an animated gif of my picture diary. So far I really haven't seen any changes, thus the non-posting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're huge!!

Adam said...

Thanks, crossfit can sometimes skew your perception of what a good physique looks like.