Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Man my upper body is weak...

And on Tuesday we had the WOD to prove it:

5 rounds for time
7 HSPU
7 ring dips
7 burpees
7 pull ups chest-to-bar

I modify my handstand push ups since I can't get a full one yet. Instead of the floor, I lower myself until my head touches the top of a stack of two plates and an abmat. ...That's not a lot, but at the start it was tough, and near the end even this was almost impossible. However, I can keep my balance long enough so as to never need to break it up. The ring dips were really tough, last set I had to bang it out one at a time, and I kipped as well. Burbees were probably where I felt the strongest, halleluhah. Had a tough time getting my chest to the bar with the pull ups, not because of strength but I could find the right width of the grip. Too narrow, and my hands get in the way between my chest and the bar. Too wide, and it becomes tougher because it requires more arm strength ( I think).

Did it in something like 33 min, will edit this when the pictures are posted.

There was a finisher after this, but I was so beat I figured I didn't need it. I mean, if you pushed yourself hard enough you don't need to do more work, right? ...I should also report that I am sore from Fran, my quads, lats, and arms are barking at me.

No comments: