Monday, March 30, 2009

Fran PR

Well today was Fran, and I'm disappointed in myself. Not because I lowered my Fran time by a mere :03, but because I think I really dropped the ball mentally on this one. Around midpoint, I was really sucking wind, and I think I started to get down on myself. It seemed like everyone was going way faster than me, and I felt like I was going really, really slow, which led to some frustration with myself. However, I looked over at the clock and saw it was 8:something, and given that my Fran pr time is 10:55 I saw an opportunity to get a sub-ten Fran. The pullups were easy, although the hands gave out after 5 reps or so, causing me to break up my sets. The thrusters were really hard, driving with the hips became difficult as I started gasping for air. Anyway, my new Fran time is 10:52, but I know that I am capable of such a lower time. During my last set, Jerry offered some words of encouragement, and I've been thinking about what he said for some time now. I feel like there is a mental block with my workout, perhaps I still don't realize how strong I've become. Regardless, I wanted to end on a more positive note, so I decided to work on...

...Muscle ups. This was like the fourth time I've worked on muscle ups, and I think I've got a knack for them. I haven't done one yet, but I came awefully close the few times I tried. I'm going to work on jumping MU's and see if I can transition to a full-out MU. My goal is to get one by the end of next week. This is something I feel like I can do, and once I get this out of the way I'll feel a lot better about my physical abilities.

1 comment:

Kiki said...

In any event, congrats on the Fran PR, baby. :)