Tuesday, March 3, 2009

overhead squat

Well, today was my introduction to the overhead squat. Never had a chance to do it before, but it seemed pretty easy. I mean, it's a squat while keeping active shoulder right? Anyway, today's WOD was a heavy one:

OHS
1 x 1 x 1 x 1 x 1

Started out with 95, then 115, then Jerry reminded me about my back. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about my back. But thankfully Jerry did, so I backed down to 95, and did a couple sets of 5. Then I started to feel my back being used, so I switched to 5 rounds of 7 pullups, 7 ring dips.

I can not seem to do more than 5 pu's at a time, and it's starting to annoy me. My hands are still the first to go, so hopefully they'll get a little tougher and I'll be able to get back into banging out 20-30 reps.

...Still want to get the butterfly kip.

No comments: