Sunday, March 1, 2009

First 5k Friday

Well, Friday was our first 5k. Back in the blue room we didn't have a 5k route. Now that we've moved to the new place, Jerry figured out a nice route. It has some nice uphill/downhill components, so it's a little more engaging than just on a flat track. It's been a long time since I've run over a mile, but this was somewhat enjoyable, although I was having a hard time pushing myself throughout the whole time. On the last stretch, I finally got excited enough sprint to the finish. All in all the time was 26:42, and I remember my first lap was 8:08.

Did some of the conditioning and strength work after that. I did a dead hang pull up with 36#, and then I think I did one with 52#, but I'm not so sure if that was the weight or not, so I'll just stay with 36 for the record/PR.

No comments: