Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Bit of a speed bump

Ok, so I packed my exercise clothes, was pumped to go workout in the afternoon, and then I checked my Outlook calander. Appointment with DO, 10:30 am. This is a shame because after an adjustment I can't workout for the day of or the next day. Every time I've tried working out the next day the result is an inflamed hip until the next appointment (usually a month). So it looks like my return to working out will have to start on Wednesday.

I'll admit I was frustrated at first, but I reminded myself of my resolve to bring a positive attitude, and so I decided that if I couldn't workout, I'd return to studying the zone diet, as well as examine whether the meals I make need any tweaking. Basically the same approach of when I tore my rotator cuff muscle last July.

It is requiring all of my patience to not workout today, but I know that if I did I'd be in pain for the next four weeks. Resting is something that doesn't come naturally to me, I feel like I'm being lazy. However, I think last November/December when I was crossfitting 5-6 days in a row I was overtraining, as my gains slowed down when compared to my 4 days a week beforehand. This week I'll crossfit Wed-Sat, but next week I'll get to implement my plan of 3 on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off.

Hopefully, later today I'll post about living in the now, something that helps me deal with my attempt at becoming a top crossfitter. But for now, work is calling.

No comments: