Monday, June 23, 2008

Get in the Zone

While I can't do crossfit, I've been focusing learning on the zone diet. While I'm still unfamiliar with how many blocks go into what, I'm now using dishes from this crossfit journal. Before, whenever I went to the grocery store I was never sure what to buy, partially because I'm just not used to making food for myself (I am from Dallas, after all). Now that I have meals and the ingredients, I make a list and know exactly what I need to get. It was difficult figuring out how much I needed to buy for 6-7 days, but I made an excel sheet and now I know exactly what I need every time I go. Coming up with this list was my greatest challenge, so I thought I'd share it so it may help others as well.

It's for six days worth of food and is for someone like myself, a 5 block meal/ 2 block snack person, but you can change out the amounts to fit your block schedule. I've also included my converter for things like cheese and deli meat. Just fill in the blanks of what the package contains (e.g. 17 slices of cheese for 12 ounces) and then how much you need (2 Oz ), it will then figure out how many slices of cheese make up 2 oz. This is for people without scales, like myself.

The list actually has more variety than what I eat, but I don't think everyone can eat the same thing day in and day out like I can.

So this is what I eat every day:

Oatmeal
Sandwich
Apple, cheese, nuts
Chili or smoothie
Pineapple, cottage cheese, and nuts.

I think when I get back into crossfit I'll have the smoothie after the workout and the chili on the rest days. It's also very heavy in dairy since every meal has milk, but I haven't noticed any problems so for now I'll use it until I can find something else I like.

No comments: