Monday, June 30, 2008

Good to be back

Today's workout was shoulder intensive, but I tried not to push it and it feels good so far.

Started up with Turkish Get-ups, got up to 45 lbs with the good right shoulder, only went up to 25lbs with the left one.

Did 6 rounds of
5 Chinups
10 KB raises (56lbs)
15 Push presses (25 lb dumbbell)
20 Air squats

in 20 mins (I think)

It was a little scary to get back in to shoulder exercises, but I have to get back into the game sometime, and I was really trying to listen to what my shoulder was telling me.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Listening is probably the hardest thing for me to do. Good work!

Adrienne said...

Hey Adam, it's good to listen to your body. Also remember you can sub out exercises if you think that a particular WOD is too shoulder intensive. I always regret not doing that. I try to keep my workouts to just two movements that will work the shoulder, then have another exercise that will give it a little rest. Otherwise, you'll kill yourself.

Way to keep it up!

Adam said...

Thanks for the support, it really is a hard balance to strike, exercising the shoulder without injuring it.