Monday, June 23, 2008

Reality has set in...

My God I am out of shape. I got back into the gym and did three sets of 15 air squats, and I was sore the day of, the day after, the day after that, and the day after that. I can not believe how out of shape I am, so I'm really getting out of my "let myself heal" mentality to a "let myself kick some ass" mentality. I think I've allowed myself to slide so much because I don't really look any worse off than when I was working out (I like to think that's because I am doing a pretty damn good job of sticking to the zone diet) My shoulder is getting stronger everyday, but I still walk away from physical therapy with a little soreness in my shoulder. I think my body is now ready to get back into crossfit, I just have to be careful not to put my shoulder in pain, but if I do everything correctly, and I let pain be my guide, I should do fine.

I can't wait to get back to crossfit.

Well, I just read some of Adriene's blog, and it's inspiring to read about another crossfitter with a shoulder problem. Well, I shouldn't say "another crossfitter" since the six classes I've attended doesn't warrant that title. Regardless, I've decided that I am going to really start working out again, and simply "listen" to my shoulder for any pain or signs that I should stop, then I'll simply stop.

No comments: