Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This morning's session at the therapists was very intense, mostly because I made it so. In one exercise the therapist told me to slow down, so I took three seconds up, hold, then three seconds down. On the twentieth (last) rep I was starting to work up a sweat.

Today I was introduced to four new exercises with the power band. They're where I bring my arm up or down and across my body, like I'm chopping wood or pulling a sword out of its hilt. My shoulder made a very subtle pop or click when on one exercise. It didn't hurt, I just felt it... move suddenly. Apparently this is bad, so I only did like 2 reps. Because I have a torn muscle in my shoulder, that clicking sound is the sound of an impingement, and I need my shoulder to glide smoothly and easily. That's a real bummer that I have to now look out for that and pain. Right now my shoulder is in pain, so I feel like I've taken one step forward, two steps back. This is so frustrating, trying to figure out how much I have healed. I know I need to be patient with this thing, but I really, really want to start crossfit again on the seventh of July. A couple days ago I felt like I was too lazy, now I fee like I'm pushing too hard. In order to find the center, I think I'll just start doing lots more squats, situps, and runs, maybe pushups if I don't feel anything wrong.

No comments: