Friday, June 27, 2008

Gravy gone bad

So this morning was my first day back in crossfit. I was really looking forward to what Andrea had in store for me. It might have been shoulder friendly, but it was an ass-kicker:

3 Rounds of
30 Squat Cleans
30 Pull-ups
800m runs

So I started off with squat cleans, they were only 45 lbs so as to not test my shoulder too much, and after doing 20 she looked at me and asked, "Oh, your not doing it for time with the class?"

Apparently the workout wasn't just for me, but for the whole class too. So I decided to start over, and waited until everyone was ready. After another 30 squat cleans, I went over to the pull-up bar. Andrea told me to scale it back to 20 pull-ups to make sure my shoulder was ok, and I had no problem scaling it back.

Now I thought the 800m run would be the easiest part, since I've been on the treadmill a couple of times this week. I was sorely mistaken, that 800m was way longer than I thought it would be.

After 2 rounds in 32 minutes, I started doing squat cleans again, and Andrea told me that 2 rounds was fine for me. I responded with something like, "What's my time? Ok, everything now is just gravy." Well, after doing 20 more squat cleans, I decided that I had had enough of this "gravy". The gravy had gone bad, and I suddenly had a little taste of bile in my mouth.

I decided 2 rounds was enough.

I get back home at 8:30, and I feel like I've already conquered the day. maybe I should start working out in the morning? Alright, time to shower and head over to work.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Adam, "Badger" is a named workout and not exactly what I would have picked for a first day back, but you rocked it out.... nice job! Just play the game smart and you'll be rockin' out Fran in no time.