Monday, June 23, 2008

The Logistics of Physical Therapy

I'd say the most difficult thing about recovering from my injury is how it interferes with work. Right now I have it scheduled for 4:00, but it takes about an hour to get there so I need to leave at 3. That's about 2-2.5 hours earlier than I'm used to, and since therapy is two times a week that's 4-5 hours I have to make up somewhere else in the week since I'm paid by the hour and I don't want to use up my sick leave. Last week I worked on Saturday to make up for lost time, but that was really unpleasant; felt like I never got a break. Now that I'm going to be gone for three weekends straight due to weddings, I'm hoping to start therapy in the morning. That should really help with my scheduling problem. Getting in at 9-9:30 should work ok. I just can't wait until I'm back to full strength and working out like I used to.

No comments: