Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nicole, of sorts

Today's workout was a longer Nicole:

AMRAP in 22min
max pull ups
400m sprint

Last time we did this my score was 5.5 rounds, with a total of 69 pull ups. This time my score was 6.5 rounds, with 12, 11, 13, 9, 8, 9, 7 pullups, that's 69 pull ups again. Although I hit a new pr on the fixed bar, it's not like my sway bar pr of 27.

The transition from the sway bar to the fixed bar has been a bit rough. My form isn't as consistent as I'd like it to be, and my hands are the first to go. There have been days where I am able to nail chest to the bar, and others where just getting the chin over feels tough. Jerry pointed out that I today I didn't engage my shoulders at the bottom of the swing, my kip's range of motion wasn't as full as it could have been. Instead, I was relying more on my lats. I think with the greater swing I should be able to finally start getting back up into the 20's for pull ups.

No comments: