Monday, May 4, 2009

The Ultimate Hangover cure, Jackie, and Hand maintenence

Well, when Friday morning came around and I was definitely not feeling it from a rough night out on U street (by the way, highly recommend the martini's and the rooftop bar of Tabaq). However, since I was flying out that day to Dallas, I had to make it to the morning class.

I've heard exercise can help a hangover, but this is the first time I've tried. ...It works wonders. True, it was tough to get mentally ready with the four hours of sleep and whatnot, but once the blood got pumping I felt infinitely better. Because of my situation, I wanted a short, intense workout that didn't involve running (my calves are killing me from pose running). That led to Jackie:

1000m row
50 thrusters (45#)
30 pull ups

Now Last time I did this the weight was 65, but the sheet said 45#, so that's what I did. My time was looking pretty good until I got to the pull ups. My hands were just in so much pain, I had to break it up two at a time at first. Then I really started getting frustrated and pushed through the pain and banged out the last ten in a row. All in all my time was 14:04, pretty bad but today wasn't about hitting a pr, it was about feeling better.

Afterwards, looking at my hands it was pretty obvious I haven't been maintaining them like I should. The build up of callus was causing a lot of the painThey've been such a non-issue up until now, I've ignored them. That's the thing about crossfit, you gotta be disciplined in so many things, there's always room for improvement.

No comments: