Saturday, January 17, 2009

One of the Girl's workouts

A modified Jackie:

1000m row
50 thrusters @ 65#
30 pullups

Time: 12:21

This was the first time I've done a workout with the idea of gaming the workout. Meaning, I didn't try to sprint out at the beginning and then die midway through the workout. Remebering the workout where my best over all time was where I had my work rowing time, I decided to get the 1k a touch under 4:00 so I'd be fresh for the thrusters.

Those thrusters were hard! the weight was definitely not the issue, but holding my breath and keeping my core tight at the bottom of the squat took the breath out of me. If you could take out those last couple of inches with the thruster it would have been waaaaay easier. Sadly, that would be cheating. So anyway, I had to break up the thrusters something like 10-10-10-5-5-5-5.

I thought I should try to beat my pr of 27 pullups and bang out all 30 at once, but my core was so spent from the thrusters that I broke it up to 5 sets of 6 reps.

So I think if I had rowed as hard as I could have, and tried to get maybe 15 reps with the first set of thrusters, and gone for something like 15 pull ups it might have been a better workout, but my time would have increased significantly.

I went to the DO on Thursday, and he reccomended I go to an orthopedic for my ankle. Not looking forward to seeing yet another doctor, but if there's something wrong I can't just ignor it. In talking to the DO, he commented on how some people wear out, while others rust out. He said I would be the type to wear out, which is a much better way to go. I know I see a lot of doctors for various ailments, but by nipping injuries in the bud they won't affect me as much later down the road.

bp was 130/82, definitely on the high side. I believe the high bp stems from the the amphetimine, Concerta, that I take, and I don't seem to be the only one who experiences this.

No comments: