Thursday, January 1, 2009

After running in my Vibram Five fingers...

...My legs have been letting me know that they're not used to running in those shoes. Later that day I started to experience a slight numbness/tingling sensation in my heels, so perhaps I was striking with my heel more than I thought. The next day my calves (along with my chest and lats) were really sore, but this is expected given that I had taken a three day break from working out, and almost a full week from working out at CFOT. It really is amazing how quickly the body loses strength, motivation enough to never quit working out.

Anyway, back to the calves. I know they suggest that one slowly gets used to using VFFs by starting out with small distances and working your way up, but I made the mistake of assuming we wouldn't have any running and ended up running 2400m in them. I didn't feel anything big the day of, but my calves were really sore the next day. I kind of shrugged this off since the rest of my body was sore. However, it's now been two days since the run and my calves are KILLING me, especially my right one, probably because I put most of my weight on my right leg for box jumps in order to go easy on my injured left ankle.

My other post about vff's is here.

No comments: