Monday, December 29, 2008

3 rep front squat max, new pr

After looking online and seeing today's WOD, I looked up my previous 3 rep max workout, which helped me out a lot. Today's WOD:

Front Squat x 3,3,3,3,3

Since I had an idea of my max, 175 last week, I had a better idea of where to start, and that made all the difference. My workout went like this:

155, 165, 175, 175, 185

So I did 10 lbs heavier than last week. I felt good while doing this, it was easier to keep the core tight throughout and keep vertical. ...LTC Dan said I could patent my 165 effort because it was so textbook. To be honest, that type of complement means a lot more to me than lifting the heaviest weight. On a separate note, Dan is as strong as an ox. He did Strict press today, and in racking the weight basically did a 155(+?) reverse curl.

After that we had a Met Con Ninja workout:

7 rounds for time:
11 Wallball
11 Burpee
11 Pullup

Did this in 20:55, Wallballs are getting easier, never had to break up the pullups (they're easy now), and Burpees are the worst exercise Man has ever invented.