Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tabata Something Else, pr

Feeling much better after some much needed sleep, I was better prepared for today's WOD, Tabata something else:

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

I started on push-ups because there were more people than chin-up bars, and that killed my effort on the pull ups. I forget my set scores, but my total was 322. By the time I had a chance to write down my sit-ups, I somehow thought I did 93. Then later, I remember breaking 100, that I was at 92 before the last set. Then I remembered thinking I was one rep away from doing what Stacey does after every workout, so it was actually 113.

When I compare my score to two months ago, I improved my score by 22 points, and frankly I'm a little frustrated with that. I mean, I'm glad doing all those abmat sit ups after class improved my sit-up score by 30 in two months; I thought I would see a greater improvement then that. I'm still weak when it comes to push ups, although my pull ups stayed the same. My biggest room for improvement is push-ups, I need to find some program that will help me with those. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if I can do more pull ups (27) in a row than push ups.

We had another "finisher" I chose door number two:
2 rounds:
400m Farmer's Walk
400m run

After the pull ups my forearms were shot. Next time I will use KB's because the 40 lb dumbbells just didn't work.

No comments: