Saturday, December 27, 2008

Crossfit in Dallas

Went over to Crossfit Dallas run by John, who I went to high school with. Today was an open gym day, so I worked on my overhead snatch. I tried to find my one rep max, but I think I overdid the warmup. I did 115 like 5 times, but after that I just couldn't put up any more weight. I tried like 120, but just couldn't. After that, I worked on trying pull ups on a fixed bar, using a butterfly kyp. It really is faster than a normal kyp. ...Fixed bar pullups really are difficult, they seemed to torque my shoulder a lot more but that might be from my lack of technique. After that, I tried my 500m row time. I was keeping a conversation while I went the first 200 meters, but after that I had to gut it out and my time was 137.6, almost 10 seconds slower than my pr. Kind of disappointed in that, guess I just need to practice it more.

...Got some new shoes for Christmas, they're Vibram Five Fingers, as you can tell from the picture. Got some Injinji socks so the shoes doen't smell. I got one pair of black socks, and I think they look pretty sharp with pants. Well, I say "sharp," but I still would feel pretty ridiculous wearing them in public.

Hope everyone is having a great Chrismas!

No comments: