Friday, December 19, 2008

Quasi-rest day

Well, last night I fell asleep at 7:30 and actually woke up at 4:00 on my own. I should've gone to the 5:30, but for some reason that idea didn't occur to me (it's very strange to think I could attend the 5:30 class). So instead I had breakfast and did some online Christmas shopping. So 2.5 hours later I'm on my way to workout. ...I seriously hope I don't wake up at 4:00 am on my own ever again, such a waste of time waiting to work out.

I felt warmed up/alert enough today, but this was my sixth day of xfit in a row, and my hip, ankle, and shoulder were all feeling a little banged up. In about 2 hours I'm going to see the D.O. to fix the hip and look at the shoulder/ankle. The shoulder is the torn rotator cuff, I expect, but the ankle is swelling-bruising from breaking my Fibula two years ago. Here's the X-ray, it was a spiral fracture that resulted in imobilizing my foot for about eight weeks. If you're having trouble seening the break the bottom picture hilights the break with the yellow lines. The therapist said it would take a long time- "think years"- to make a full recovery with regards to all the connective tissue and muscles. I've noticed over the years that a massage or a lot of ankle work results in bruising around the ankle. The therapist said this was just swelling/blood being pushed out, but after all that running and box jumps yesterday there's also a little stabbing pain in my ankle as well. Now on to the workout...

10 Rounds for time:
4 Push Jerks
8 Burpees
12 Pullups

Like I said I just wasn't feeling it, so I decided to do the express (6 rounds) and go with a light weight (95#). The jerk was very easy, but I could feel the clean work on my shoulder a little, as well as holding onto the bar with pullups. Now that I think about it, I should have used a chin up grip for my gimpy shoulder and a pull up grip for my good shoulder. Now if you don't mind, I have to go perpare lunch (it has been almost five hours since breakfast.)

No comments: