Monday, December 15, 2008

Friday, Diane

Well, it seems like I've been going out on a lot of dates this week, stood up Barbara yesterday and Friday was Diane. I didn't even come close to doing Diane Rx'd, but I really wanted to work on my Handstand push ups. I think I might have a mild strain of my lower back, so I really didn't want to push it with deadlift either.

Diane
21-15-9 reps of:
Deadlift
Handstand push-ups

Load: Women = 145lb - Men = 225lb

I did DL's with 165# and jumping handstand lunges time was 17:32 though.

My body is still struggling to remember HSPU's, the first few attempts fell flat, failing to keep my core tight. After a while though, I was nailing it. Sadly, the lowest my pushups ever went was just around midway full motion, but it's an improvement and I'll take it.

I have to admit I've been ignoring the fact my lower back doesn't feel 100% since the DL max lift day. I've been hoping (incorrectly) that it wil go away, but it hasn't. However, it doesn't feel worse either. I know that if I do the deadlift with correct form it shouldn't strain the muscles, so I just need to work on form. ...But I think I really should lay off back-intensive exercises. It's so frustrating when I strain my back, I just wish it would go away.

No comments: