Friday, January 9, 2009

Deadlifts, three rep max

This was the three rep deadlift max again, and since I am just now starting to go to sleep without pain in my back I was cautious. I tried warming up with like 135, Jerry asked how it felt and I said I could feel it in my back. Jerry encouraged me to back off on the weight, work on reps and form, and be conservative. I quickly agreed, and worked out with Stacey and Andrea. ...Those girls are strong! I think Stacey got up 203, and Andrea broke her pr by like 40lbs!

deadlift seems to have become a tricky movement for me, when it once wasn't so difficult. It helps when I think about my hip extension, but I still have a hard time keeping my shoulder blades pinched and my hips low. Jerry commented a couple of times that I needed more knee bend, so I wasn't lowering my hips enough. At first I thought he meant that I needed to bend my knees so that I tilt my shins forward, but I talked with Danny a little while later and realized that he meant bending my knees so that I lowered my hips.

In any case, I didn't aggravate the back today, so with that as the main priority today was a great day.

No comments: