Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still in Chicago...

Still in Chicago, but will be back in Alexandria tomorrow.

...My flight gets in at 2:30, so the only class I could attend tomorrow is the 5pm, but if I do that then I'll miss the dinner with coach Glassman. Given that the dinner is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I guess I'll just do some crunches and pushups later.

...Have been taking it easy this past week, and it's kind of killing me. I don't feel bad not exercising right now because my lower back is still in pain when I go to bed at night, and the bruising on my ankle is still there, so the tearing is still going on. Those two injuries, to me, mean no running and no real weight exercises. I went skiing earlier today, and that felt fine. Really should start a new sport, and I think jujitsu will be perfect. Of course, after listing off those injuries I wonder if it will end up hurting me (I seem to be fragile). But back to my original point. I'm really getting restless, and can't wait to get back into the blueroom.

I also can't wait to get back to eating a strict zone diet. At home I'm able to eat strict zone 34 out of 35 meals a week, but when I'm away it's very difficult for me to observe the diet. I mean, I try to eat healthily, but it's no zone. The zone diet is also part of my new year's resolution: I resolve to make veggies my source of carbs more often, and lessen the use of milk as my source of protien. The plan to replace bread in the sandwich with veggies should work, and I need to find another meal that uses something other than milk as a source of protein.

P.S. today was the first day where I haven't felt pain in my calf muscle. Gotta ease into those VFF's.

2 comments:

Jerry Hill said...

Hit the WOD then hit dinner - I'm coaching, then hitting the dinner - plenty of time - its front squats!

Adam said...

Hey Jerry Sorry I didn't get your post until last night, but it was great to meet the wife and see the kids last night.