Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Clean and Jerk for time

Again have to keep it short, but today was a strange, intense workout:

15 min
2 clean & jerk (90% max) every minute
for every missed C&J do 5 burbees

I couldn't remember the last time we found our C&J max, so I chose 165# (Appearently we found our ma was seven months ago and mine was 165#). My form was fairly good when I stuck it, but 4 times I missed the jerk because I attempted to get under the bar before it was weightless. In other words, I hadn't completed pushing the bar up before attempting to dive under the bar.

However, today I felt really, really good about the workout. There are groups of people with whom you associate yourself, and people who you always imagine as being much stronger/faster/quicker than you. Today I started to see myself as being strong enough to start to approach some of the big boys, like Blain and Devon. I've still got a long way to go before I'm as strong as them, but I now see it as a possibility, whereas before I couldn't.

There was extra at the end, but I was so worn out from the C&J/burbees that I called it a day and went home.

No comments: