Thursday, October 30, 2008

Clean and jerk Max

Today's WOD:

1 rep X 10 rounds of heavy clean and jerk.

The purpose of this was to find one's max. Here's how my weight progressed:
95, 115, 135, 140, 150, 155, 160, 170, 165, 170

This was a fun workout, the first couple of tries I needed to get my head into the work out. However, as I re-familiarized myself with the movement it got a lot easier. As Jerry pointed out, my pull is great, I imagine my ability to shrug 200# is one reason for that, but he also pointed out that I had issues keeping my core tight, so I dropped it a couple of times due to my core collapsing. It really is all mental right now, this time it was my trouble focusing on everything that gave me some difficulty.

But I think the best thing about today is that it's a Thursday morning class, and I made it!!! I actually woke up at 6:30, had breakfast, and got to the blue room on time. I really wanted to make it because once again I'm going away for the weekend tonight, so I wanted to get in as many days as I could. Next week though will be awesome, I imagine I'll make it to the blue room five days. That's my plan, CFOT for Mon-Fri, first time ever. After four months, I think I'm ready :)

No comments: