Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Really frustrated

Ok, so Saturday was the day I started to turn the corner, where I feel better more than feeling sick. I had the Dallas baptism on Sunday morning, and I didn't get back to VA until last night, so this morning was going to be my chance to get back in the gym. But I just couldn't wake up early enough, getting up at 7:30. Now I have to go meet up with the DO, and I think he'll recommend holding off working out until Thursday. That means it will have been a 10 day gap of not working out. Ugh. I don't have a problem with the first 7, because breathing was really difficult for a while, but the last three I have issues with, and there's nothing I can do about it now. I just wish I could have gone to sleep and woke up earlier.

I would expect the general consensus out there is that I should be able to wake up earlier, that if I really wanted to attending class in the morning wouldn't be a problem. I have to admit I feel this way as well, which is why I'm so frustrated. Ugh. Because I really did want to get to class. Although I don't feel like I've gotten significantly weaker, I miss that feeling of exhaustion after a good workout, I miss seeing all the other regulars, I miss knowing that I'm taking steps to get stronger. Hopefully, the doc will say that working out tomorrow will be ok. If not, you can bet I'll be at the Thur. morning class, guaranteed.

I hope.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Adam, Is this flu the result of getting the flu shot or skipping the flu shot?

Jerry Hill said...

Adam,
Doesnt help you now but REAL soon (December?) you'll have PLENTY of options to get that training in!

Get IN, sweat it out!

Adam said...

Brenda, this is the result from me not getting a flu shot early enough. I plan on getting one later this or next week.

Jerry, I'm pumped, really pumped, about the new place. Can't wait.